Friday, April 6, 2007

security cameras everywhere.

so steve left last night.

picked up at work by justine, the only friend I had in florida left for west virginia, and eventually long island. I had come to get used to him being at work; when he left it instantly felt like a different job. am I going to feel differently about FYE now? I hope not.

I have an amazing wife, and an awesome apartment, and two crazy cats. I am surely blessed to have these things. Aside from those things, there is no doubt in my mind that this is the loneliest I've felt in my entire life. More than a year into my move to florida, nothing has really changed since I got here. there is an unavoidable, uncontrollable sense of detachment. It's a different culture, a different people, a city in which I am the visitor (sometimes I fear it's so obvious) and I am trespassing onto ground I shouldn't be on.

I fear I am the tree that is uprooted to the point that it can no longer be re-planted.

No comments: