Wednesday, July 21, 2010

chandeliers.

yeah, I see you on the beach I used to lay comatose on for days at a time
once I dug a hole and buried epiphanies in it
broke apart on the rocks like so many old ships
stood in the warm clear waters up to my thighs and felt the infinity of it
watched it like good cinema
breathed in the scent of existence and felt it's grain between my toes
I asked, "how can a marriage end a block away from this gracefulness?"
I'll stay out here forever
plant me in the sand like a flag waving for a war I can't win
she told me god didn't want us to have children
or rather, for her to have children with me
what it takes to leave someone you love is the same as leaving the shoreline
my skin can't take the burns but my eyes will always want more
I can see my future in the horizon
even the sun is drowning but I'm not getting out of the water
Collins and 32nd, where my heart died for the second time
walk along the water and breathe it in
things will always be fine
if you feel the infinity of it

No comments: