Friday, November 16, 2007

gave her two weeks, spent them smiling.

It's getting darker through and through.
Sunset before 6pm, locked in an empty apartment, colder than normal and void of any conversation. Television noise echoes until the sound waves tire out.
I look for the lists of my shortcomings but find only bad memories. I know truth when I feel it, or feel nothing at all.
I've been here before, I remember these emotions. The chills up and down my spine, the moisture in my eyes, the endless questions that no one can answer.
Strangers in my life apologizing for something that has nothing to do with them; it's appreciated, it is. It's been real.
Anyone's hand in mine, please. Comfort me. My embrace in the heat has frozen over and I want for naught except to stay where I'm loneliest.

2 comments:

.steve said...

you were there [here] for me in my situation, and you know that i'm there for you, but unfortunately i'm nowhere near proximate. i apologize. i still offer my bed, floor, couch, etc. just to get out of there, even if just for now. once i start to figure out what's going on, maybe we'll be apartment mates again, who knows. we're still young, comparatively. stay in contact with me, man. you're missed.

D. Jonathan Newman said...

thanks man, you're the absolute bessst.