Monday, November 26, 2007

thieves.

godIneedyoutogrowup
she takes a stand through eyelids clenched like fists sealed in tears
oh darling
you can't whisper me away

I am shards on your floor; lost
apathy is only the lack of love for oneself
I only have it for you; love
lost.
I might look stagnant, but every cell of mine is screaming
wheels spinning so fast they look motionless

please don't do this.
knees bruised from begging
please don't do this.
oh darling
they will say any words that will whisk you away
we all but bathe in naiveness
and yours always leads you astray
love
you can't whisper it away

what words to describe the fear that leads me astray;
godIneedmetogrowup
she sleeps so still, so silent, so permanent in my head forever and ever
what will become?
this is a refusal of basic grooming skills until the end of time.
(apathy is only the lack of love for oneself)

oh darling
please don't do this
I shudder when I breathe
I shatter at any thought too deep
I shake myself to sleep
I only have it for you, love

we've been sabotaged at every turn
consider this a white flag flapping
whisper me away
I only had one thing for you;
love

No comments: