Sunday, April 4, 2010

we had dinner together.

hey dead scenery, make my life style
blessed pregnant windshields
I'll race you
yeah, my time travel agent
my screen savior
bring me back to the introduction so I can end the scene
trees flickering past like spokes on the rims of a dead exit
baby, I'm a ghost town
just walk right past me and pretend to not exist
inherent danger on the outside, and
just plain nothing everywhere
she called me an absolute breath of fresh air
but she was underwater
and god were my eyes heavy enough to sink a stage
cut and strangle my losses with garrote wire

she gets me!
and yet
she's a thousand miles away and married to a paperweight
chemistry is meant for classrooms, baby
this is my church


*Written in an empty lounge on a train travelling from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a time travel agent, but she says I can't book my next trip until I give the kidney down payment.

D. Jonathan Newman said...

for fuck's sake.