Saturday, July 3, 2010

why people close their eyes when they kiss.

I'm not eating anymore
watching the vultures pick the parking lots clean
mister wasn't feeding the fire
wearing old man's clothes and acting out
people cross the street when they see me coming
because I'm walking with you in my mind
I must be going crazy
years from now someone I don't know will be cursing my name
like the rest of them are
headphones on and the sounds of falsettos in my head
behind a piano
I'm sterilizing the wound the only way I know how
I'm not eating anymore
I can't wake up
the chrome is blinding and the volume isn't even on
I can't bare empty notebooks
I can't bare the sight of it
why do I need you to love me in order to love me
why can't I get you out of my mind
we're both walking and we don't know where
and it doesn't matter
and it won't ever

No comments: