Monday, July 14, 2014

listening to you I swear I'm listening to you I swear I'm

hey, your majesty
my knees keep on shaking from fright
once upon a time you said "I desperately want this one to work"
within our pages
my outfit doesn't match, and
I don't know what I'm doing here anymore
I keep seeing you in dreams, I keep feeling you on my skin
memories vivid like the best poltergeists
haunt me forever
you can find me at the church, in the front pew
you gave up, didn't you?
your majesty
I bet you ten bucks you still feel my tongue on you
(sorry,
that's my Ego talking
the one took over and the other one blew his brains out)
you used to be able to find me at the pub,
filling every possible aching vacancy
but I don't know what I'm doing here anymore
I lost you,
and I'm at a loss for words

I accepted all of you, but you couldn't accept all of me
at least I loved true
at least I loved true

No comments: