Thursday, April 5, 2018

I am a future ghost.



It's been over 3 years since I've posted on here.  
Any other explanation why would be more romantic than the truth, which is that I forgot the password associated with the email account I use for this, and since there's close to a decade's worth of material in this account I couldn't fathom starting a new blog for my writing.  So I just didn't write (aside from lyrics for music projects).  For over 3 years.  Which kind of felt like a piece of me had died, and I was half of who I once was.  

As you can quite imagine, I am ridiculously excited to be back on this account now.  And for the half a dozen people still paying attention - thank you, and yes there will be new material shortly.  


The above is a picture I took when I was working on the book / compilation of my work, called SKY SCRAPING.  I put it down for a bit, which I should never have done.  Admittedly, I got very disenchanted when I had sent it out to multiple publishers who did not show any interest.  I know now that reaction was incorrect, but I am still human, and seeing how much inferior poetry IS published on a daily basis out there, I was understandably frustrated.  That is not to say that I think my work is brilliant or anything (it isn't) but I know it's at the very least, publishable.  I will strive to continue this book and eventually get it published, because this is one of my dreams.

Again, thank you all for your interest, and keep checking back in.  

.DJN.

No comments: