Friday, February 16, 2007

the dance of the dying.

I'm very frustrated, and I can't exactly put my finger on the reason.

It might be due to my current status of employment, which is basically, unemployment. Although I am trying, it does definitely take time to get a job; especially what I've been applying for, retail management. Any management hiring takes time. First phone interviewing with a recruiter, and then a real interview, and then they pass you on to the actual company they are hiring FOR. You then do a phone interview with the hiring person there, usually a district manager or vice-president, and if they take it to the next step, an actual interview with THEM. Then any other random steps they want you to take, whether it be online personality exams, drug tests, and so on. Only then will you be considered for the job.

Applying to many places is frustrating in and of itself; every single application, online or in person, asks you the same exact questions that get answered in a well-written resume. Most places suggest you have a resume, yet require that you fill out the basic application. Why? To make you want to scream, I guess. Anyone worth their weight when unemployed applies to many, many different companies... that's a lot of dumb, carbon-copy applications to fill out.

As much as I like sleeping in every day, it's kind of scary not having income and not knowing when you will. The hiring process of many of these places is too slow. Also, I don't want to make a bad decision when it comes to my new career. I like staying at places for long periods of time, I'm not the type of person to skip from job to job. So this next place will basically determine alot for the next few years of my life. If I make a bad choice, it's going to weigh heavily on me for a long time. The pressure is definitely real and I'm definitely feeling it.

More than ever, I want to make music again. I see my friends back home doing it, I reminisce daily. I need to get one of these projects going.

No comments: