Sunday, December 30, 2007

there's no more happy endings. ever.

I've been asked a million times why I'm an atheist.

My soon to be ex-wife, who's a devout christian, and her family never stopped trying to convert me. For me to get jesus christ into my life. I was always asked "what happened to me" that made me lose faith in god and beliefs. For a while, they even got me thinking, because it seemed like a very moral and steadfast way to live. But now I realize that, aside from my tendency to view things pragmatically, why I never bought into it. And that's because no christian I've ever met has ever truly lived as a christian. Not fucking one. I originally had certain things written here that detailed how the one person who I thought was moral, decent, and 100% true to their beliefs showed their true colors, but I took it down. Regardless, I can go on forever about it but it's a useless exercise. In the end, what goes around comes around.

As much as you've tried to convert me, all of you, you've swung me back in the other direction with more force than I ever expected. This one person more than any other. When every person you meet that represents "faith" are horrible examples of the religion or belief they are supposedly touting, where's the incentive? If not one religious person can properly practice their own beliefs...? Not one can cease to be shitty human beings when it benefits them?

Maybe I'm just very hurt and I'm writing this out of anger and pain. But I know one thing, and that's Dave Newman The Atheist is a more moral person than 99.9% of the christians he's ever met. So use whatever fairy tale you need in order to make yourself feel better about what's coming for all of us one day, but don't believe yourself to be the slightest bit better off than the non-believers out there. I've done some bad things in my life, some of which I will regret forever. But nothing I've done is even close to the level of immorality of the things the closest christians to me have done. It never matters in the long run, everyone is always out for themselves, and that's why there will never be any happy endings. It's only a matter of time before someone devolves.

I refer you to the proof.

No comments: