Thursday, May 27, 2010

notice of intent. notice of intent. notice of intent.

wrecked the box I came in
took a wrong turn somewhere
torn,
faded labels and traded hands for decades
this shipment is very late
shaking; microphone cords wrapped around my neck
sweat-induced labor
remember me for the last time, yeah
call out my name from the back of the room
self-induced dead celebrity status
this coma smells like you
pieces of myself left in hotel rooms across the country
a study in abattoir of the mind
"such beautiful penmanship" were the words she uttered as her eyes took me apart and put me back together again, sorted neatly in the package and taped together. I wrote my own name and left the address blank, chances are I'll know where I am when I get there.
Yeah I write hooks like right hooks (one, two stick and move)
if you won't play with me I'll create myself some imaginary friends
name them after my flaws
we'll start a nation
The United Mistakes
and I'll keep it together this time I swear
no more border jumping

heartbeats are gunshots when your mind isn't right and you can't feel your body and your pupils are runaways and your extremities flake off and fall to the ground around you like rocks around a campfire. laser light shows and planetarium kisses. this is what it feels like to float on.


I'll be in this fucking basement until I die

No comments: