Monday, May 31, 2010

she wore costumes.

there was this girl Alexandra with a tattoo of her ex-boyfriend's initials on her, just above her pubic hair and just below her beltline

the night after my wife left me for the first time, we smoked marijuana, did cocaine and then fucked in my marital bed
what a curious girl
strong jawline, short hair, loved everything alive and dead
I reminded her of her ex
she couldn't stop staring at my eyelashes
oh Alexandra
she said I made her alive
we stayed up all night and talked incessantly until our bodies spoke
my heart was fathoms away, I apologize Alexandra
Alexandra
Alexandra
you knew the entire story
what was going through your mind
I didn't have the heart to tell you I didn't have the heart
I was just aching bone and sinew
I was a corpse with one last night in town
you had what I needed and I took it

Alex, I'm so glad you're still smiling in the pictures I see of you

No comments: